I have created this blog for anyone that wants regular updates about my time here in Malawi. I am currently volunteering my time to the Ministry of Hope Crisis Nursery and Orphan Feeding Centers.  I am a Neonatal Intensive Care nurse helping to care for the orphaned, abandoned and ill babies of Malawi.  I will try to post updates as often as I can. I thank you all for your support and prayers. Please send them to the babies, children, and people of Africa too. I hope in the pictures you are able to get a small idea of what life is like here for me, but mainly the people of Malawi.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Safari

It has been a rather uneventful week at the nursery so I haven't had too much to write about, but in the morning I am off to Zambia. The South Luangwa National Park is there and it holds one of the worlds best game reserves. I am going on this safari with my three doctor friends that work at the Baylor Clinic. We are departing early at 7 am and it is unknown as to what our arrival time will be. The road from here to Zambia is dirt and if it is anything like the dirt roads around here it will be a long, bumpy ride. It supposedly takes around 5 hours. It should be a great adventure and we are really excited. I am sure to have stories when I return on Monday, so keep your eyes peeled for some blog updates. My time in Africa is nearing the end. I have less than two weeks remaining and my schedule is quite busy so I know the time is going to fly.

No comments: