I have created this blog for anyone that wants regular updates about my time here in Malawi. I am currently volunteering my time to the Ministry of Hope Crisis Nursery and Orphan Feeding Centers.  I am a Neonatal Intensive Care nurse helping to care for the orphaned, abandoned and ill babies of Malawi.  I will try to post updates as often as I can. I thank you all for your support and prayers. Please send them to the babies, children, and people of Africa too. I hope in the pictures you are able to get a small idea of what life is like here for me, but mainly the people of Malawi.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mzungu with the village kids.

The kids came running when they saw there was a "mzungu" (white person) in the village. They were so excited. The older ones kinda stroll by and check things out, but I know they are curious about me. This happens to be an atypical village if you can even call it a village. It is in the city of Lilongwe, so most of these families are doing well. There is electricity and running water. In my other pictures you will see more typical views of Malawian village life.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi sis! Awesome Slideshow of photos! The African people are so beautiful and the babies adorable! Keep up the good work! Love, Jess

Mom said...

Bree,
You are meant to be there, doing what you are doing. It is evident in the pictures, not only for you but for the lives you are touching. Love, Mom

Highley said...

Bree,

the picture are so interesting and most of the children are so beautiful. You are doing such wonderful things for these babies. Our thoughts are with you.
love, highley, john, helen and madeline.

sweetmelis said...

Bree- It's been great hearing from you. What you are doing is awesome and you are touching so many little lives. The children are precious!! I enjoy looking at your pics and reading about your days. Keep in touch:)