I have created this blog for anyone that wants regular updates about my time here in Malawi. I am currently volunteering my time to the Ministry of Hope Crisis Nursery and Orphan Feeding Centers.  I am a Neonatal Intensive Care nurse helping to care for the orphaned, abandoned and ill babies of Malawi.  I will try to post updates as often as I can. I thank you all for your support and prayers. Please send them to the babies, children, and people of Africa too. I hope in the pictures you are able to get a small idea of what life is like here for me, but mainly the people of Malawi.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

School Kids

The warm welcome I received from school kids upon my arrival at Chimwang'ombe village. All I could hear was "mzungu, mzungu!" They had me pinned up against the truck, just so excited to see me. They are all really sweet and innocent compared to most other kids in developing nations. These kids have not learned the tricks of the trade of begging for money when you take their picture. They are just excited to get to see their picture. I was in this village today to do HIV screenings and counseling. I did the screening part, as Chichewa is not coming as easily as I had hoped for counseling.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bree! Love & blessings from your home church at Fgtn...gal, we are so proud of you and what you are doing for the Lord. We talk about you each Sunday am in our dept time & each Wed pm in choir practice and you can count on it -- we are lifting you up in prayer. Adult 4 SS & Adult Choir & Orchestra