I have created this blog for anyone that wants regular updates about my time here in Malawi. I am currently volunteering my time to the Ministry of Hope Crisis Nursery and Orphan Feeding Centers.  I am a Neonatal Intensive Care nurse helping to care for the orphaned, abandoned and ill babies of Malawi.  I will try to post updates as often as I can. I thank you all for your support and prayers. Please send them to the babies, children, and people of Africa too. I hope in the pictures you are able to get a small idea of what life is like here for me, but mainly the people of Malawi.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Parting Shot


This picture was taken at my last day at the nursery. It was a beautiful day so I took every baby that was awake and brought them outside. Seeing this photo stirs up emotions for me, as it has been emotionally difficult since I have returned home. I miss all of the babies terribly and the way their sweet faces were always excited to see me. I am beginning to feel the impact that this whole experience has had on me as Malawi is on the forefront of my mind every day. I start to wonder whether the difficulty came in being there, or is it now here? I easily get emotional talking about my experiences and time in Africa. I feel forever changed, as the blessings I have received from being there are greater than anything I could have ever imagined.
I have received a few updates that the sick babies have all gotten better, with the exception of one of the tiny babies, Jeffery. He has gone on to a better place. He was sick and placed in the hospital, but the resources were not enough. I did not have any pictures of him as he had arrived shortly before I left. The babies continue to need your prayers, for that I can not thank you enough.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kati and Tim said...

We are sending another team from St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church to support Ministry of Hope this summer. We were linked to the newspaper article and have passed it on to our Malawi task force and summer team. Thanks for sharing your stories and experiences and we pray God will continue to use you to share about the great needs in Malawi and opportunities for Christians to demonstrate God's love and hope in Christ. Rev. Tim Yee, Newport Beach CA

Adrian Phillips said...

Bree! Incredible experience. I can't wait to catch up with you when you get here to SB this week!

andy said...

Bree-I thought of you the other day and thought I'd look you up and low and behold pictures and all! It looks like your doing great and had a life changing trip. Drop me a line sometime and we'll catch up. Who is this? Think Mizzou microbiology.
andyalthauser@yahoo.com

arachesostufo said...

peace and freedom.

ciao da scorzè venezia